Being the procrastinator that I am, I do not have a “how to friday” prepared for you lovelies today. but we are going to call it “how to friday” anyway and have a random discussion of this random day. complete with pictures that my kids may or may not have taken of myself and each other. lets do it.
1. I have broken my wash my hair every 3 days rule to preserve the color and
beautiful texture rule and have washed my hair 3 days in a row. and will probably wash it tomorrow. that makes four. not good.
2. I have successfully made a trip to the grocery store every single day this week. the checkout lady remembered that I bought Anna gum the other day when she was complaining that I wouldn’t buy her any today. scary. that really takes a lot of determination and disorganization. true talent I have. and it will be twice today because I talked the whole time I was there this morning and then had to go home to get my daughter so that she didn’t get taken back to the busyard.
3. I have a really hard time taking my coat off once I get in the house. sometimes I walk around with it for an hour or two. it’s just so comfy. but not really. it gets kind of in the way, especially if I keep the hood on. but I still do it. photo courtesy of Anna.
4. I added almond extract to my green shake today. whoa. took it to a whole ‘nother level. what have I been missing.
5. I’ve been making myself green shakes probably twice a day for the past 7-10 days. nothing more to say about that.
6. I made my husband a delightful salad for lunch. It doesn’t look so delightful in the picture, but it looked pretty tasty in person.
7. Anna wanted me to take a picture of her with her bunny. this was a retake because the first one had the ear in bunny’s face. unacceptable. Luke jumped in. he has some alterior motives going on for sure. anna has crazy face in full gear, too.
8. I am kind of completely stressing about my 18 miles tomorrow in a love/hate way for a # of reasons – I love the long runs. I hate running in cold weather. I love how I feel when they are over. I hate running that long on the treadmill. 16 miles last week was long enough. I have to figure out how I’m going to complete this run because it’s supposed to be 25 degrees in the morning. there is nothing to look forward to about that. I’m trying to recruit people to keep me company. not working. if there are any locals reading and you see me out there running, feel free to jump in for a mile or two or 18. I don’t care how fast or slow you are.
9. I think I love naptime more than any other part of the day. Luke’s naptime. it’s just so nice having a break from pulling him off the counter, the island, the table, the bookshelves. so nice.
10. I ordered stuff for the kids from the Gap online two weeks ago when they were having a great sale. I have been waiting for it, wondering why the shipping is taking so long. I just checked to see why it hasn’t come yet. turns out I never placed the order. that’s a bummer.
11. Last, confession. Davey, if you are reading this, close your eyes. I may have cheated the cleanse today and gotten an iced coffee. I will not confirm 100%. it’s a maybe. I just couldn’t hang. forgive me. that feels better. on a good note – the hubs has lost 6lbs this week! he has willpower. 5 days. way to go man.
Any fun workout plans for the weekend? long runs?
What’s your favorite time of the day?