Workout – I totally bagged the long run today. Smartcoach is giving me a hard time. I think it’s punishing me for not just printing out my training plan because every time I go in to look at it on the computer, it has a different race and plan for me. not cool. and when I readjust it, the plan changes from what it really should be and then tells me to pay for the new plan. not happening. So I really had no idea what today’s run was supposed to be anyway. I just did 10 miles on the treadmill at about 7:20 pace on varying inclines. fine with me. I will do another 18 or 20 next weekend.
Ok. Now you get to learn a little about me from this 11 random things, thing. I don’t think I came up with 11, sorry. read on to learn more.
RULES OF THE GAME
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
I’ll tell you right now – probably not going to follow these rules. But I think it’s important that you all get to know me, so I will ramble on about myself for a little bit. I’m pretty good at that. Here’s 11 random things.
1. Basics – I’m 5’9″ and a little bit. I love being tall. I’m about an inch taller than my husband and have recently gotten in touch with my inner supermodel and don’t have a problem wearing 4 inch heals next to him. he’s not a huge fan of that.
2. I am 1 of 5 children in my family. I’m the second oldest. I have an older brother, 13 months older. 2 younger sisters and a younger brother. My youngest two siblings are adopted. My youngest brother is autistic. my mom is a saint.
3. I got married when I was 22. Looking back, I can’t believe how young I was. My husband is 10 years older than me. He turned 40 in October. I won’t be 30 until April. I took a picture of a couple of my wedding pictures. I don’t have them on a disc. old school.
4. I found out I had melanoma when I was 25. I was 35 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, and had a just turned 1 year old at home. scariest time of my life. I was induced and gave birth to my daughter at 36 weeks pregnant, and had surgery exactly one week later. I took her with me to the hospital so I could nurse her up until I had to go in for surgery. I have a 6 inch scar on my left thigh where they took everything out down to the muscle. they also took a lymph node out of my groin. I asked them if they could take a little off the rear too. I don’t think they thought it was funny. 😉 I was clear. it didn’t spread to the lymph node, meaning it was highly unlikely it would have spread anywhere else.
5. I was blonde forever.
went dark because I was sick of going to the salon to pay for my hair.
and now am working my way back to blonde. it makes me happy. and I think blonde makes my husband happy. I do it for him.
6. I really just started taking running seriously after I had my son, so in the past two years. I LOVE it. I REALLY REALLY want a sub 3 hour marathon this year.
7. Being a mom is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am also in the best shape I have ever been in after having my 3 kids. feels good.
8. I have hashimoto’s thyroid disease – I guess that’s the word. It’s an autoimmune hypothryoid disorder where my body thinks my thyroid is the enemy. crazy battle going on in my neck. scary stuff. it’s superbly annoying and you don’t realize how much your thyroid controls until it’s out of whack. it allows me to gain weight by just thinking about the wrong type of food. fabulous.
9. I think the “touch typing” class I took in high school might have been the most valuable class I took. I love not having to look at the keyboard to type. I think that class should be required for every student. who really needs AP biology. I also took AP Probability and Statistics just to get out of taking calculus in high school. all about the easy way out.
10. My husband and I went to Venice for 4 days when I was pregnant with #2. I thought #1 would forget who I was. She was only 8 months old. Amazing trip. Pretty funny to see a UPS boat.
I can’t squeek out 1 more. I’m not that interesting. That’s all I’ve got right now. I may add more later if I think of anything worthwhile.
11 Questions for Others to Answer:
1. Chocolate or vanilla? no brainer. chocolate everytime.
2. Aisle or window seat? aisle. these long legs need room to stretch
3. What’s your favorite way to workout? running.
4. What is your dream job? supermodel. not really. I think it’s overrated. I do think it would be cool to be a fitness model. I would really like to do personal training. that would be ideal for me.
5. If you could run/workout with any celebrity, who would it be? never thought about that one. probably one of those fancy shmancy hollywood trainers so I could pick their brains.
6. Which do you prefer – ocean, lake, river, or desert? probably lake. don’t like the salt water.
7. Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods? trader joes prices, whole foods variety.
8. Mountains or beach vacation? mountains with kids. beach without.
9. Did you play any sports in high school? field hockey, lacrosse and town basketball
10. Do you play any musical instruments? no instruments. I played the recorder in 2nd grade. like every other 7 year old
11. What’s your favorite snack? tough one – I like anything chocolate. If it has to be healthy, probably apple with peanut butter or something. I also really like graham crackers with peanut butter. not really healthy though.
I think I get an impromptu date night tonight with my hubs. Not sure what/where we are going, but the sitter is coming. And I will fill you in on my creamy avocado pasta from last night. so. so. so. good. and other fun and interesting happenings of the weekend. weekends are always kind of busy nonstop family time around here. Off to hit the shower.