Let me tell you what’s good today. then you can tell me what’s good. good? in the form of a list.
1. Workout. it is always good when the run starts before the day starts. or even if the day has already started (because it starts around 5am here) but breakfast has not been served yet, aka, mommy runs before everyone starts growling at me for food. that’s good. it’s good when the run happens without a garmin. OR a watch. I was running free. and I liked it. it’s good when it starts raining on the run. downpour raining in the humid weather. I like that. it’s also good when the 6 mile run that took somewhere between 47-50 minutes, roughly, turns out to be a 6.4 mile run and the 8 something minute mile pace I thought and felt I was running was actually faster. that’s good. I’m going to run free, more. I think that’s very good. back to basics. I did a few strength exercises while the kids played outside. and I REALLY wanted to go for another run. but I think I’ll wait until next week to go over 10 miles. talk about good, that will be good.
2. Pain. pain that is gone is good. no shin pain. pains and little tight spots that are still here are good. reminding me to keep taking it easy on the running for the next week or so. reminding me that it’s not go time yet. it’s re-group time. relax.
3. Antibiotics. are very good. is there anything wrong with keeping my son on amoxicillin…permanently? I thought as much. he’s a different child today. I wasn’t sure if someone kidnapped my son in the middle of the night and swapped him with a nice child. despite the fact that he woke up at 4:54. am. on my day to get up with him. he was eerily pleasant. I won’t complain. I guess a double ear infection will really make a kid cranky.
4. Showers. before 9pm are VERY good. a shower before I leave the house at 9am, even better. combined with getting dressed in a real outfit, all right at the top of the good list.
proof. he can smile. not sure what’s up with that mirror. call the maid.
it’s the little successes of the day that make it a good day. to further the ‘good’ part of getting dressed – bargain priced rock and republic skinny jeans that fit tightly pre-wash and still fit perfectly after the wash…really good.
5. Rainbow of sneakers. to choose from before every run. good. and fun.
some of these are older. ok, most are not. we’ll talk about all of these sneaks in another post. fun. good.
6. Leftover crockpot chicken tortilla soup. for lunch. so good. with lots of avocados. I skipped on the chips.
tasty. you really want the recipe now, huh. that would be really good of me to give it to you. I will.
7. Going to Nordstroms with the beasty 2 year old and sister. good. leaving with TOMS for the girls. really good.
anna unbuckling luke and letting him out of the stroller because ‘he wanted to get out, mom’ is not so good. of course he wanted to get out. but no one else wants him out. it’s not safe. but this is a good post. we won’t talk about that. lollipops make everything better. stick one in the boys mouth, strap him back in and call it a day. and scootch on out of that store in lightning speed.
8. Mail. with these little gems waiting for me. awesome. good.
this is my total splurge. I don’t care how long the ingredient list is or what is in it. I just love these little zipfizzes. I found them at a decent price on amazon. they’ve got like 41,667% vitamin B. not a lie. take a look.
can that be healthy? but look at what else it has….look at all that potassium. that made me pretty excited.
yes, those are Christmas cards still hanging in the back. not sure that they will make it down before next Christmas.
that’s good. that did make me happy. the truth. it is just the little things that keep the happy around. this makes the hubs pretty happy too. I surprised him with this little treat. dork. once again, all about the little things. he appreciates the little things.
9. Having enough meals planned for the week. and all of the groceries to go with them. beyond good. it is so nice to not scramble for what to make for dinner at 4pm everyday. it really is so stressful when I don’t have anything planned. but I bring it on myself for not planning it. I threw a plan together on my way to the store on monday, and it’s amazing that I actually got all of the food for everything I needed. success. Here’s what the meals look like this week:
Creamy Avocado Pasta with Mushrooms and organic spiced apple chicken sausage. so gourmet. or not.
Crock pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Looks like Friday will be leftovers. and saturday is…too far away to think about. my brain stopped at four meals. but I still think that’s pretty good.
10. You guys! thanks for all of your comments on the last post and I’m so glad to hear that so many of you are avid sunscreen wearers! that’s good. it’s important. I was informed that it’s actually melanoma awareness month. good timing. I meant to link this on the other post – but if you have never seen this little clip, it’s worth your 7 minutes to watch it. called Wear Sunscreen. check it out.
11. Pro compression. sock of the month is good. because you get it at an amazing discount! go to their website and get yourself a pair of their pink marathon compression socks. that’s the sock of the month. use code SOM512 at checkout. your legs will be thanking you. and that is good.
12. My little dumpling was spot on. a dark chocolate treat with the peanut butter protein bars. GOOD. heavenly. perfect.
And some randomness…phrases you might have heard me say today…mostly to the little luke man…
“Put down the knife”
“The garbage can is not a toy”
“Get my toothbrush out of the toilet”
“No, you can’t have anymore of my coffee”
“Look at Luke! He can do a somersault off the arm of the couch!” followed by…
“Make sure you tuck your head under when you somersault off the arm of the couch or you will break your neck”
I do think I might run tomorrow. I’m at 17 miles for the week. I would like to do 25 this week and I’m not running on Saturday. doable. next week I’m shooting for 30’s. nice ‘n easy. tonight I’m rolling and stretching. I’ve been taking really horrible care of these legs lately. I don’t even know where my massage stick is. the horror.
What’s the ‘good’ today?
How is the running going?