4 mile ‘run’
And bath time tonight. that was kind of a workout.
And the two hours before that we’re pretty intense. kids were off the wall.
let’s just say from 4:30am on made for a pretty un-restful, crazy day. workin’ it all day long.
What else do you do when little insomniac is up at 4:30am and the rest of the house is doing what they should be doing at that hour. run. buh bye rest day. Its better not to commit to things like, tomorrow will be a rest day, because life is wildly unpredictable with kids and you just never know when 4 extra miles might sneak in. really, not so much a crazy run. more like kill some time and get out of the house to let my sleeping beauties sleep run
I stuck my handsome devil in the stroller and took him on a run date. happy to be alive, not so happy to be stuck in the stroller.
he insisted on wearing the hat. too cool for school, that boy.
we ran. and he hates the jogger. so I had to keep it wildly interesting by excitingly shouting things at him like, DID YOU SEE THAT SPARROW FLY INTO THAT TREE?!?! and, HOLY MOLY LOOK HOW FAST THAT CHIPMUNK CAN RUN!!! or, LOOK AT THAT BIG WHITE CHURCH, ISN’T IT AMAZING?!? we tried to sing songs, but he gets very angry when I start singing abc’s. maybe because he doesn’t know them yet and he’s a little sensitive about that. pandora it is. Taylor Swift has a slightly better voice than me anyway. yes, I like t. swift and I made my son listen to her. I’m ok with that.
we passed the barns and headed down to the ferry.
the longest continuously running ferry in the U.S. of A. fun fact
we had a lovely time by the CT river.
Luke is “petting” the water. because thats what you do, you “pet” water. precious child.
I had to ruin the nice pictures by sticking my head in there. just for proof that I was there. bonding with my son.
until daredevil decided to make our run date exciting and go for a swim.
then he was a little pissy pants.
When pandora failed to entertain, I had to bribe him with his own run. as soon as we got to the corner of my street, it was his turn. nakey butt and all.
that completes the long drawn out four mile non run day adventure. but not quite. we had chores to do when we got home.
put ’em to work. get that trash can securely put away my little man. and do it quickly, there is weeding to be done.
and it is finally 6:20 am. now what.
Day 1 of summer break.
Last night, I’m all, this is fantastic, I’m so excited to spend every waking moment with my three precious little cherubs, what a blessing to have ALL summer with them. me and the kids. the kids and me. la dee da. happy summer.
Day 1 of summer.
me and the kids. the kids and me. I am truly blessed to spend the summer with and always be at home with my kids. I am excited to spend many moments with my children. perhaps not every waking moment from 4:30am on. let’s find some balance. and we’ll all make it past this first day of summer just fine and dandy.
This summer will be about priorities and keeping them in line. and about having fun. lots of fun.
One priority for me would be sleeping past 5am, but I don’t think little bundle of energy is on board with that one.
Here are some other priorities, in the form of a list!
1. Be patient. I know I won’t make it through the whole summer if I can’t muster up a decent amount of patience. it’s in there somewhere. now would be a good time to harness it.
2. Quality kid time. with each kid. it could just be reading a book or sitting outside folding laundry while they play whilst we all melt in the summer heat. thats special time. they don’t need a lot. just a little love and water to grow.
3. Quality hubs time. which will be happening tonight, thank the good Lord. it’s been one long summer day and this is a well deserved night out. mama can decompress. and have a nice cocktail. yum.
4. Run. given.
5. Go with the flow. don’t be a crazy schedule stickler. it’s summer. there technically is no schedule. it’s like one big revolving day. it never ends.
6. Eat healthy. so easy to do in the summer. fresh produce abounds everywhere.
7. Get organized so I can stop doing things like going to the grocery store three days in a row. I don’t know, I could probably thing of a few better things to do with my time than spend it at the store. everyday.
8. Spend time doing educational things with the girls. Luke can fend for himself. #1 is going into first grade, big kid stuff now. I have to get in touch with my inner teacher and make sure she can still read and write by the time this summer deal is over. maybe I’ll try to teach her some new tricks too, if I’m really feeling inspired.
This one is well underway. let’s see how long it lasts. kids nicely educating themselves under the tent. we keep a big circus tent setup in the backyard. because its like a circus around here. not really. it’s the grandparents’ 80th bday this weekend, big festivities. requiring some tent action.
9. God. church every sunday is great and lovely, but the personal side of faith is easily neglected as a mom, or just as a human being. I get in this downward spiral where life stuff consumes me and I spend less time in devotion, or prayer, or just spiritual, faith filled things. gotta be brought back up to the top. pray more. done.
That gives a general priority list – then I have to set some goals to make those priorities happen. Hopefully I will do that by the end of the summer. and all these things will carry forward like habit. they are pretty much always priorities, I just want to pay better attention to them. give them the care they deserve and require.
Bring on the summer and many happy days. and lots of miles. and lots of smiles. and no broken bones or anything like that
What’s on tap for the weekend, my friends???
I’ll fill you in on my exciting weekend on Monday!