Rest day. yay. with a side of 6 pull ups on my way to do laundry, 5 minutes of Jillian to appease the 4 year old and a game of tire the boy out can’t catch me chase chase around the kitchen, at least 50 laps. call it 1/8 mile speed work, lots of picking up, couch throwing and tickling, resulting in one sweaty mama, and one little boy with a fat lip who was not tired. I’m ready for a nice 9ish mile run in the early am. one rest day really leaves you refreshed and ready to go the next day.
Even though it was a rest day and there was no working out to be had whatsoever, I couldn’t figure out how to put on real clothes like a normal human being.
I’m not really feeling badly about it, but slightly concerned that I might end up going to a wedding or something decked out in lululemon. and not see a problem with it. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
For now, I’m fully aware that appropriate wedding attire is not spandex and sports bras. which is what brought the boy and I to TJ Maxx this morning. We have a wedding next weekend, and I needed to find a dress and a few other tops that I didn’t know I needed until they were in my cart. The girls have camp this week, so I had a few hours to spend with my precious little lad. he’s not a big fan of Tj’s because he has to sit in the cart. I feed him lollipops the whole time and he attempts to get out the whole time by saying I have to go to the bathroom really really bad. Ok, just because you said really really, I’ll let you out to terrorize the store. no. I can’t be had by a two year old, you are not potty trained yet, not likely that you will be anytime soon, and you are in fact wearing a diaper so I’m not falling for it. stay in the cart. pee in your pants. shopping at any store with Luke is not conducive to actually trying things on – its more like a grab n go and hope it fits type situation. this is what I came home with, and I’m undecided on most things, and I’m pulling off the athlendy look as well – athletic and trendy meet
I like that blue color. the sports bra underneath just makes it very special.
I wanted to like this one, but it felt like an apron. I don’t need to feel more housewifey than I already do. undecided. although, the wunder unders and bright urban camo bra do add a nice touch.
And this little thing to throw on over the kitchen apron…
stunning ensemble. I better just stick to athletic wear. I’m out of my comfort zone here. at least I’m trying.
Here’s the dress I found…by Jessica Simpson. It’s like a split personality dress. party on the right, business on the left. fun.
If you can see it through all the handprints on the mirror. kinda fun. I’ll hold onto it unless I find something better.
Party animal side. with a touch of tricep for your viewing pleasure.
Onto more randomness for the day…because its monday and I don’t quite have any organized thoughts. check back in tomorrow. I might have something then.
1. I foam rolled the other night. for possibly the first time in 2 months. felt darn good. here’s my trick – foam roll first, stretch after. if necessary. I think I pull more muscles stretching tight muscles than I do actually running. I feel like rolling first helps loosen things up a bit. and makes the experience nice and pleasant. my muscles would agree. if they could. Its nice to do something nice for your body. rolling is in the nice category.
2. I’m not confident we have enough eggs.
I might have gotten a bit over zealous with the egg shopping, but we’ll go through them. because I make a lot of eggs. and egg whites. and things like this…
3. My lunch.
with my jug ‘o coffee in the background.
really just egg whites, but sometimes a whole egg finds his way on there. on a white plate. because that’s what the fancy food bloggers do – one of which I will never be. I can barely be a regular blogger, let alone adding nice food into the equation. too much. but the sammy wasn’t too much. it was delish. I switched from the flat out wraps to this …
4. Udi’s bread. my exciting new find. it’s gluten free, but the millet and chia is what caught my eye.
Udi is pulling out all the stops with throwing words on there like fiber, omegas and protein. oh udi, you had me at fiber. and then it just got better.
I like my bread to have some substance, nutrition. at least some fiber and a little protein. udi delivers.
The kids even like it. or so I thought. I had been making it for them, then this morning, all buttered and ready to go – the girls say, we don’t like this. at $5.99 a loaf, I almost gave them a little knuckle sandwich. and threatened to take $.50 out of their piggy bank if they didn’t eat it. I’m not that mean. I don’t steal from or abuse small children. but they did eat it. and they liked it.
5. Why someone hasn’t called me out and said – you know Katie, you’re a real jerk, you make us suffer through these horribly long blogs, always promising to someday write something useful and applicable to anything in life, we write nice comments all the time, and then you don’t even respond to them – is beyond me. I have just realized that this whole time, you LOVELY people out there are commenting away and asking questions and engaging in lovely dialogue with me, and are probably wondering why you don’t get a response. or not wondering why at all and have stopped wasting your time. either way, I just realized that whilst I am responding away and actually taking time to reply to as many comments as I can, and thinking they are getting emailed right back to you, they are not. So unless you physically go back and check the comments on the post – which you probably don’t – you have no idea that I do care deeply and fondly for you and have taken the time to comment. this is why I should probably not be allowed on the world wide web. because I try, but don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m on this free WordPress site, and I guess it was too much to assume that this stuff just happens – they tell me I can respond and you will get a nice email, but it doesn’t happen. so, until I figure out how to make you get my responses, you will have to check back, or click a box that subscribes to commetns, or something. I don’t really know. I’m going to work on it. ASAP. my apologies.
6. Let’s end on a happy note and not a we hate this blog because she’s so mean and doesn’t respond to us note. Here’s a happy thought…my sleep fearing son slept in until 6am this morning. and it just happened to be my rest day, which couldn’t have been a more wonderful rest day gift because I got to sleep in too. this is fantastic. and probably won’t happen again for another 6 weeks but I not care, this is a happy thought.
Thoughts on the dress?
Thoughts on the udi bread? Ever had it? Ever had anything better?
Thoughts on egg whites? I’ve heard of egg white protein, anyone ever tried it?
You can comment and I will respond, but you probably won’t get it, so respond at your own risk and know that I am commenting in spirit if you don’t get an email. much love.
Can any WordPress peeps help me with my commenting issue?