Workout – stairmaster crosstraining day. 45 minutes. speed intervals. 6 something miles. which is completely irrelevant, really, because I was not running. I was stepping. there were no miles involved. which is exactly why I love my stairmaster. and why I love my crosstraining. I get a killer workout. without the pavement pounding. that which I also love. more on that in a minute.
Let’s drag this post on a bit, as usual, before I give you any information that might actually be useful to you in your day to day.
Truth be told, today might have been one of the most uninteresting and uneventful days. so I will share it with you.
1. We woke up at 5am. not to an alarm clock. to an alarm child. per the usual. not exciting.
2. I was indifferent about working out at that hour because I wasn’t running and I wasn’t sure about my crosstraining plan for the day. I was in workout twilight zone, neither here nor there, but pretty confident it would happen. still not exciting.
3. I did get showered and dressed for the day before leaving the house. you’re welcome world. that is not exciting. in the least. but it is a generally noteworthy thing because this would be my wardrobe of choice. everyday. it’s lululemon head to toe and it is magical. and it’s hidden behind a sticker covered, fingerprinted mirror. yay.
I’m comfortable in it. I feel like a rockstar. a workout rockstar. there is a reason they charge that much money for workout clothing. it brings out the magic in the girl. or guy. true. get yourself some wunder unders and see for yourself. it is also generally noteworthy, but not necessarily exciting, when a female, especially of the ‘stay at home mama’ kind, is having a particularly ‘nicehairday, skinnynotbloated, cuteandsassy, makeuplooksgood’ kind of day. that was kind of this kind of day. and I think it was mostly due to the fact that a) I shoved my kids in the basement to play this morning while I stairmastered and b) took a shower as noted above. like I say – the little things. but not exciting.
4. We went to Target. not exciting in the least. but I got the strict necessities and left without committing grand theft. somehow, some dollar item usually ends up in Luke’s pocket or some inconspicuous place to be found when we get home. not so this time. I made sure to keep this Target trip on the up and up. all items paid and accounted for. some nutritious and delicious highlights that are not very exciting…
nutella. combined with peanut butter is a deadly combo.
these are pretty tasty too.
5. The hubs got some new FREE mizuno sneaks in the mail, thanks to yours truly.
the beautiful little child was certainly not free. she costs a pretty penny.
that is completely not exciting to me because they were not MY free sneaks (mine should be coming tomorrow, which I will surely share that piece of exciting mail with you). I am working on a fun giveaway that just might have something to do with mizuno. that would be exciting. for you and me. stay tuned.
6. Not cooking dinner tonight is actually pretty exciting. Dinner courtesy of whole foods sushi bar is also pretty exciting.
this calamari salad I got is very exciting and may warrant a daily trip to whole foods until I grow completely ill of it. what’s also exciting about this sushi dinner extravaganza is that yours truly has no cleanup after. just toss in the trash. easy peasy. so exciting. and fantastic. I can hardly stand it.
7. Technically, the bachelorette was last night but we are going to include it in the post to enhance the non-excitingness of me today. the word on the street is that this season is pretty boring, or not exciting. that’s what I’m hearing through the bachelorette grapevine. which is interesting because I found this show to be thoroughly entertaining last night. so if the show is boring and it completely amuses me, it’s safe to say I am pretty boring these days. or easily amused. and I’m ok with that. I’m also ok with being into the bachelorette this season. mindless, stress free entertainment. I’m highly amused by all of these grown men swooning over little miss southern bell. she’s adorable. and I kind of want her hair. but that’s all I want. her life seems too exciting for me. I probably couldn’t keep up with all the action.
That’s all of the non exciting things for now. We can move on to the stairmaster. fun stuff. I LOVE it. here she is…
that’s my view. no side handrails.
that’s the model.
Like I said, I got mine used but in like new condition on ebay 5 1/2 years ago, and it was probably almost half the price of buying it new. so look around on ebay, craigslist, or whatever other online source that would giveaway offer discounted exercise equipment. This has done me good through shin splints, running time off and getting back into running without getting injured or losing my running is happy and jolly and fun and not stressful attitude. it’s giving me good balance. and a really good workout at the same time.
I like this particularly over the elliptical because it takes up less space. I don’t have a lot of extra home space to be used up by clunky fitness equipment. this is clunky enough, but it’s not as long.
I also like it because it gives a very different workout from running. but very beneficial to running, I think. as long as you don’t hang all over it like a rag doll. that’s just lame. and cheating your workout. which will only harm you in the long run. don’t do it.
A lot of people are concerned that it will make your legs huge. not true. no further comment. but doing cardio on this will not make your legs look like a body builder. It will give you some great tone, definition and butt lift though. I can assure you that.
And lastly, HERE is a little post I did awhile back on how to get faster. there have been some inquiries about that. read with caution. I’m a stay at home mom. that’s all I have to say.
What is your favorite form of cross training?
What is your favorite or most used speed workout?